<!-- --><style type="text/css">@import url(https://www.blogger.com/static/v1/v-css/navbar/3334278262-classic.css); div.b-mobile {display:none;} </style> </head><body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d30607781\x26blogName\x3dSuperpowers+rely+in+the+ties\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLACK\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://urileye.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_GB\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://urileye.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6520492152046469444', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

The taker

Tuesday, February 19, 2008


The Marcel Proust Questionnaire

* Me

  • Your most marked characteristic?

A craving to be loved, or, to be more precise, to be caressed and spoiled rather than to be admired

* Being half predictable and half unpredictable. I don’t know if one takes priority over the other.

  • The quality you most like in a man?

Feminine charm

* The sum of the qualities of a man who knows which qualities are important to me (3 in 1)

  • The quality you most like in a woman?

A man's virtues, and frankness in friendship

* Temperance

  • What do you most value in your friends?

Tenderness - provided they possess a physical charm which makes their tenderness worth having

  • What is your principle defect?

Lack of understanding; weakness of will

  • What is your favorite occupation?

Loving

* Thinking

  • What is your dream of happiness?

Not, I fear, a very elevated one. I really haven't the courage to say what it is, and if I did I should probably destroy it by the mere fact of putting it into words.

  • What to your mind would be the greatest of misfortunes?

Never to have known my mother or my grandmother

* To forget what is important

  • What would you like to be?

Myself - as those whom I admire would like me to be

  • In what country would you like to live?

One where certain things that I want would be realized - and where feelings of tenderness would always be reciprocated. [Proust's underlining]

  • What is your favorite color?

Beauty lies not in colors but in their harmony

  • What is your favorite flower?

Hers - but apart from that, all

* I don’t know. Never really thought of it. I have a perfume, lily of the valley.. I like it.

  • What is your favorite bird?

The swallow

* Living

  • Who are your favorite prose writers?

At the moment, Anatole France and Pierre Loti

* At the moment, Khalil Gibran

  • Who are your favorite poets?

Baudelaire and Alfred de Vigny

* At the moment, Jay Macpherson and T. S. Eliot

  • Who is your favorite hero of fiction?

Hamlet

  • Who are your favorite heroines of fiction?

Phedre (crossed out) Berenice

  • Who are your favorite composers?

Beethoven, Wagner, Shuhmann

  • Who are your favorite painters?

Leonardo da Vinci, Rembrandt

  • Who are your heroes in real life?

Monsieur Darlu, Monsieur Boutroux (professors)

  • Who are your favorite heroines of history?

Cleopatra

  • What are your favorite names?

I only have one at a time

* Elliott

  • What is it you most dislike?

My own worst qualities

* Anger. Violence is inconsiderate. Anger and violence is dangerous.

  • What historical figures do you most despise?

I am not sufficiently educated to say

  • What event in military history do you most admire?

My own enlistment as a volunteer!

  • What reform do you most admire?

(no response)

  • What natural gift would you most like to possess?

Will power and irresistible charm

  • How would you like to die?

A better man than I am, and much beloved

* I would like to die knowing that I have asked every question I have ever wanted to ask and that my questions were appreciated by those who attempted to answer them.

  • What is your present state of mind?

Annoyance at having to think about myself in order to answer these questions

  • To what faults do you feel most indulgent?

Those that I understand

  • What is your motto?

I prefer not to say, for fear it might bring me bad luck.

Labels:

posted by Primessa Espiritu
10:04 pm



Powered by Blogger All posts copyright © 2007-2013 Primessa Espiritu